- Each player is allowed to make 1 additional account ("multi").
- No existing account may be used as a multi. All multies must be made using new accounts.
- For the email of the new account, use the login for your first account with a multi tag and the @smrealms.de domain (example: MyLoginfirstname.lastname@example.org).
- In order to validate the account, you must contact an admin for the validation code. This is to ensure each player only has 1 account. Individuals who do not notify an admin within 48 hours of creating the account will have their multi disabled.
- A player may not intentionally engage in combat against their multi (50 ban points for arranged kill).
- Any infractions that occur on one account will result in punishment for both accounts.
- All veteran players that make a multi will have that multi start out as a veteran. Newbie and Beginner-ranked players will have a newbie multi.
- Multi-boxing is allowed with your main account and your multi account. This means you can be logged in on both accounts at once, whether it is multiple browsers or multiple devices.
- There is to be no account sharing. No exceptions.
- All players found guilty of account sharing could receive anywhere between 30 and 80 points
- Harassment of SMR staff (this includes administrators, webboard mods, IRC mods) is unacceptable and will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Harassment of other players should be dealt with in the following way:
- Players found guilty of this offense will be given between 0 and 20 points.
- Player being harassed should put the offending player on their Black List ingame to prevent further harassment.
- Any harassment done through IRC chat will be dealt with by the IRC officers, and considered a separate case from SMR admins. Should the IRC officers request an ingame ban, it is a request that may be granted.
Swearing both in game and on the webboard are prohibited. Bypassing of the word filter will end in a webboard ban and from 0-50 points.
- The act of engaging in combat with complete knowledge of who will win is illegal and everyone involved will receive 50 points.
- Kicking a member out from an alliance in order to pod them is also illegal. Should a kick-kill happen the reason for the player's kick from the alliance will be investigated. If the kicking was legitimate, then there will be no repercussion. This clause is subject to change on a case-by-case basis.
- Leaving an alliance to kill another member and then rejoining is also illegal, and the perpetrator will receive 50 points. This is also the case for alliances with treaties that prohibit podding one another.
- Anyone who knowingly impersonates another player or alliance without their prior knowledge and permission will receive up to 20 points.
- Use of a Trader name that is similar to, or can be confused with a current member of the Administration Team is forbidden.
Includes but is not limited to:
- Discovering an unintended coded affect or bug in the game that gives you an advantage or an enemy a disadvantage and not reporting the bug.
- Reporting a bug, but continue to use reported bug to one's advantage.
- Using a known/reported bug that has been clearly identified or announced.
Anyone found guilty of bug abuse will receive anywhere from a warning to 100 points on a case-by-case level.
Offending players are automatically given 10 points for each hop, regardless if the initial ban was unjust or dismissed.
- There is to be no public accusation of cheating. Should this occur, the offender will be receiving 25-50 points.
- Should this take place within the webboard, the offender will receive a webboard ban as well as the points.
- Any serious accusations of cheating are to be reported directly to an administrator.
If anyone needs to report a problem, immediately message an administrator. If an admin is unavailable, message a Committee member or Chat OP. They will pass on the message.
Any public complaints of an administrator, webboard mod, or chat mod's actions will result in 5-40 points on a case-by-case basis.
¶ Ban Points and Discipline
||7 days (1 week)
||15 days (2 weeks)
||30 days (1 month)
||60 days (2 months)
||120 days (4 months)
||240 days (8 months)
||480 days (16 months)
Points removal: Your account is on probation double the length of your ban. If your ban was 2 days, then you are on probation for 4 days after that. Once you are no longer on probation, you will lose 1 point every week after that.
Webboard ban times are up to the admin/moderator who requested the ban.
Should a member believe that they have wrongly received a ban or points, they can request an admin (in private) to appeal their case. Should this appeal be granted, they will be allowed temporary access to a special area on the webboard to give their side of the case. Any other players who wish to give input can state it to an administrator, who may or may not allow them to give their input as well.
Any public demands for an appeal could add on an additional penalty of 20 points to the previous amount of points or in the case of one player publicly demanding an appeal for another result in a penalty of up to 20 points.
Although a rule may not be listed, if an action is deemed to be inappropriate then action will be taken at the admins discretion to ensure that SMR is a family friendly, enjoyable and fair place for all present. Extra rules to cover these new offenses will be added as necessary.
¶ IRC and Discord Rules
Players are expected to abide by IRC Network and Discord rules in addition to rules set forth by the SMR administration team.
- No foul language is allowed. That includes swearing, explicit language, derogatory racial comments, and similar activities.
- No advertising of sites not related to SMR is allowed. Limited advertisement of online game directories, news publications, and similar sites is accepted.
- No promotion of illegal activities, including but not limited to illegal drug use, is allowed.
- No cheating accusations are allowed. That includes, but is not limited to, accusations of having multiple accounts and abusing bugs. The proper action in those cases is an email to email@example.com in the former one and firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com) in the later.
- No harassment of admins, ops, or regular players is allowed. That includes slandering, name-calling, and similar activites. That also includes actions that have as their sole purpose to annoy admins, ops, or other players.
- Impersonating other players, admins, or ops, past and present, is strictly forbidden. For the purposes of this rule Space Merchant and Space Merchant Realms are considered to be the same game.
- No flooding or spamming is allowed.
- Since the only language that all of the ops speak is English, it is the only language allowed in #smr. If you want to speak other languages feel free to do it in other rooms or in PMs.
- Ban hopping (logging in from another IP after you get banned and similar activities) is striclty forbidden.
- Bots are allowed only with Spock's permission.
- Complaints about kicks/bans are to be made in private (PM, email). Complaints in chat are not allowed.
For up-to-date rules on TheAirlock IRC server, type
/rules in chat.
Basic rules (as of July 28, 2012):
- No Harrassment
- No channels with profanity/offensive/racist material in the name
- Channel topics with profanity/offensive material must be mode +s
- No public or private channels that trade in warez or sexually related content
- No nicks that can be taken as profanity, sexual, racist or warez related
- No public channels or solicitations that advertise IRC Networks or redirect users. If you wish to redirect users in your channel with a topic, please +s the channel
- Bots: Warez/Torrent/Filesharing bots are not welcome
- Bot OWNERS you are RESPONSIBLE for the function/behavior of your bot
For up-to-date rules for Discord usage, please see the community guidelines.
There are 4 kinds of disciplinary action: a verbal warning, a kick, a short term ban (normally 24 hours), and a long term ban (up to life time). Disciplinary actions should start with the lowest level and continue to the highest. Normally, only the first 3 levels will be used with only 1 stop at each of the 2 lower levels. The amount of stops at lower levels can be increased if:
- The offender is a newer chat user
- The offence is very mild (for example, usage of a language other than English)
- Other special circumstances are at hand
The amount of stops at lower levels can be decreased if:
- The offender has been punished multiple times
- The offence is especially severe (for example, spamming or impersonation of an old and well known member of community)
- Other special circumstances are at hand
In extreme cases of severe and/or multiple offences long term bans will be issued. In especially severe cases, including, but not limited to ban hopping in game action will be taken. If you disagree with the action taken against you please contact an admin.